End-to-end Digital Transformation of Healthcare Operations
Our client is a nonprofit human services organization that empowers people with the resources they need to thrive, and to live the lives they envision in their communities of choice. With a staff of nearly 500 employees, it supports more than 15,000 state residents (including Children, adults with disabilities, and combat veterans) through case management and over 20 direct service programs.
Case management, electronic health records (“EHR”), and provider management are vital for the organization to track, monitor, and measure client outcomes. Their legacy technology and processes for client management were antiquated and manual, limiting the ability of program staff to work efficiently and with the right data to meet client needs.
The client engaged Ignyte to replace its existing case management and EHR systems, with a new Appian-based Software Platform that improves claims management and is easier and less costly for them to maintain on the limited budget of a non-profit. Ignyte led the planning, analysis, and implementation of a solution to automate workflows to manage the end-to-end case lifecycle, client and provider correspondence, and supporting documents. Our team also delivered internal and external portals to manage cases and claims reimbursements and included integration with other enterprise systems such as finance, billing, and human resources.
Ignyte played an integral role in designing a system capable to meet the client’s unique requirements and improve usability by limiting complexity and not overwhelming users with functionality they didn’t need to perform their duties. As a healthcare organization, security and compliance are of the utmost importance, and as such Ignyte leveraged the highly secure, scalable, and HIPAA-compliant Appian Platform that meets or exceeds the Security Assessment and Authorization requirements of the organization’s many partners and stakeholder groups including State and Local Government agencies, and other funding organizations.
Ignyte has established a highly effective Agile DevSecOps delivery model that delivers new capabilities required to modernize the organization’s care delivery while concurrently supporting and enhancing the previously capabilities delivered over the past year. Additional details on Ignyte and Appian’s impact on the organization’s operations and reducing the complexity and cost of IT can be found below.
Key Accomplishments & Impact
The following are the key accomplishments and impact of our team’s solution and delivery:
- Reduced process errors by over 25% by implementing guided checklists.
- Enabled tracking of additional case details on status previously not practical to do with manual processes.
- Replaced over a dozen departmental spreadsheets previously used for tracking program metrics.
- Provided management clear KPIs (including number of claims paid, claims pending, rejected claims, and aged claims).
- Caregivers are able to document notes more quickly and accurately than in legacy system.
- Enable caregivers to more easily view and manage their assigned patients and individual patient health issues.
- Locked clinical notes prior to Medicare billing.
- Reduced revenue cycle timelines by more than 15%.
- Automated the processing of ~900-1000 referrals per month, ~150 hours per month.
- Established a formal HIPAA Business Associate Agreement (BAA) with Appian and Ignyte.
- Protected the PHI and PII of more than 15,000 patients.